Do You Have Questions About Your Car Accident

If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident and suffered injuries and damages, you are overwhelmed with doctor visits, calls from insurance companies and investigators, and damage to your vehicle, and many other accident-related problems. Our car accident lawyers have put together a list of the most common questions they are asked about car accident claims. If you do not find the answers to your questions here or wish to speak with an experienced car accident attorney, please contact our car accident lawyers today. car accident attorneys

Q: What should I do if I’m involved in a car accident?

A: Document the entire situation; names, telephone numbers, and vehicle description and license number of all involved parties, as well as the names and telephone numbers of any witnesses. Make daily notes of your injuries and the effects they have on your daily life, what the doctors are telling you about your injuries. Report the accident to the DMV immediately, the required form SR-1, Report of Traffic Accident, can be accessed on-line or request from your insurance company. Do not discuss the accident with anyone but your car accident attorney.

Q: I did not go to the doctor right after the accident, and I now have pain, do I still have a claim?

A: You should always be examined by your doctor after an accident, even if you are experiencing no symptoms. Due to the trauma to your body, oftentimes your body will not recognize symptoms immediately following a car collision. As soon as you begin experiencing pain and symptoms, you need to be seen by your doctor or other healthcare professional. You will then need to document when you noticed the pain, what you are feeling when you went to the doctor, and what he said about your injuries.

Q: The other driver’s insurance company offered me money to settle my case and I haven’t hired an attorney. Should I accept the money?

A: No. Tell the insurance company that you’ll get back to them. In the meantime, call our car accident lawyers. Oftentimes the insurance company will offer a minimal amount as a settlement in order to get you to sign a release that you will not sue them. Insurance companies will do this to limit their exposure and pay you a minimal settlement before you are even aware of the extent of your injuries and damages. Never sign any release or take a settlement check from an insurance company without first consulting a car accident attorney.

auto accident law
Personal Injury

Q: What damages can I receive compensation?

A: In a car accident claim, you can receive compensation for payment of your current medical bills as well as future medical expenses, loss of earnings, future loss of earnings, mental and emotional distress, and other accident-related damages. If the car accident resulted in the death of a loved one, the surviving family can file a wrongful death claim and will receive funeral expenses and non-economic damages including loss of companionship, pain, and suffering.

Q: Why should I contact a car accident attorney?

A: After a car accident, you should contact a qualified car accident attorney to make certain that your rights are protected, you obtain the maximum compensation for your injuries and damages, and the case is filed before the statute of limitations expires and bars your recovery. It is a proven fact that people who retain an expert car accident lawyer after being involved in a car collision obtain a much higher compensation than those that represent themselves.

Leave a Reply

Copyright 2024 Lawyers Blog | All Rights Reserved.